The local economy as a whole is benefitting from Tyler Perry Studios (TPS) at Fort McPherson, and increasingly, individuals are looking for opportunities to work at the studio and on its productions.
Khalila Birdsong, Director of Corporate Relations and Development for TPS, is working with the Urban League of Greater Atlanta to help facilitate local residents getting “in the system” to secure job opportunities at the studio through job fairs and community outreach. Several local residents already have been placed in jobs in the fields of security, maintenance, and construction with TPS and/or its contractors, and we encourage local residents to register themselves through the websites below, so that they may stay informed of opportunities to work with the studio and with other employers. The process varies, depending on area of residency.
TPS is conducting all hiring through a defined process. For Atlanta residents, the best first step in the process is to sign up with the Atlanta Workforce Development Agency (AWDA), where additional resources are available to support Atlantans with obtaining basic training, childcare, transportation, and more. The Urban League of Greater Atlanta is connecting both those Atlantans in the WDA system as well as others outside the metro Atlanta region with these opportunities. The process for both Atlantans and non-Atlanta residents entails connecting with other resources such as Urban League of Atlanta, Georgia Film Academy, and Casting Agency Marinella Hume:
- Atlanta Workforce Development Agency – City of Atlanta residents can register for jobs and training.
- Urban League of Greater Atlanta – all metro Atlanta residents can register for jobs and training programs.
- Georgia Film Academy – For training to help secure entry-level positions, both on set and in production offices
- Casting agency and Marinella Hume Casting on Facebook – for those who want to work in front of the camera.
- Staffing agency Trojan Labor Atlanta
- Staffind Consultant Express Employment Professionals
We are pleased to see the addition of TPS to the Fort McPherson community continue to benefit local residents. We’ll continue to keep you informed as additional opportunities become available, so stay in touch: www.fortmaclra.com; www.facebook.com/fortmaclra; twitter.com/FortMacLRA.