“The fair, reimagined” sent imaginations soaring April 11-16 at Fort Mac, when ARTlanta Fair attracted more than 3,000 guests to participate in a one-of-a-kind “Art Basel-Meets-State-Fair” event.
Featuring state fair favorites such as carnival rides, games and food trucks, ARTlanta Fair also delighted guests with DJs and live music from popular local performers, as well as an art village featuring work by 50 artists such as Miya Bailey, Fabian Williams, Kevin A. Williams and more. A highlight of the art village was the opportunity to see two million-dollar works of art by Jean-Michel Basquiat that was loaned to the event.
The event featured family-friendly activities during the day, followed by adult-themed evening events and beverages at night.
Some of the media coverage from the event included:
- AJC – It’s ‘Art Basel meets the state fair’: ART lanta debuts at Ft. McPherson
- WABE – ARTlanta Brings Fair To Fort McPherson
- ArtsATL – News: ARTlanta Fair to bring amusement rides and art to Fort McPherson this weekend, April 12–15
- Access Atlanta – Gallery Debuts at ARTlanta Fair at Fort McPherson This Weekend
- Rolling Out – ARTlanta Founder Tyree Smith celebrates the new renaissance of Atlanta