Fort Mac LRA seeks to collaborate in a variety of ways with private developers to ensure redevelopment of our 145 acres leads to a walkable, transit-oriented, mixed-use development that brings a broad spectrum of jobs, capital investment and interest to our community. In order to achieve the highest and best use of the 145 acres, we are planning necessary infrastructure improvements and expansion. Planning will leverage concepts from previous master plans, community input, and Fort McPherson’s assets, including:
- Location adjacent to two MARTA stations, creating an ideal site for transit-oriented development.
- A rich history as an Army post that continues to serve veterans at the on-site VA Medical Center.
- Updated planning and community input from the Atlanta Regional Commission’s Oakland City/Lakewood Livable Centers Initiative.
- Immediate neighbor, Tyler Perry Studios, which will help generate demand for a mixed-use, commercial and residential development supporting the film and television industry.
We have seven Redevelopment Districts connected by a multi-use trail. Each District is available for master planning and development that follows the concepts outlined below. Please use the interactive map to view details of each district.
- Focused on preserving and reusing historic buildings (available for lease)
- Location of future Fort Mac LRA Welcome and Sales Center
- Low-density commercial space such as small/boutique retail, office, restaurants or cafés
Production Supported Retail District
- Adjacent to Tyler Perry Studios
- Retail intended to support the film and television industry
- Large commercial development, such as building suppliers, hotel and conference center or restaurants
Lee Street Retail District
- Featuring pedestrian-friendly frontage along Lee Street
- Tree-lined, multi-use trail with access to the Fort McPherson MARTA station
- Low-density commercial space such as restaurants, cafes, boutique retail or small-business office
Residential and Office District
- Located between the Production Supported Retail District and the Office & Medical District
- Available for office and/or residential development
Office and Medical District
- Located adjacent to the existing VA Medical Center
- Includes the 370,000 square-foot Forces Command building available for lease
- Large office development, medical office/facilities adjacent to public plaza/greenspace
Campbellton Mixed-Use District
- Ideal for live-work-play-learn in a mixed-use residential and commercial development
- Plans should take into account possible retail across Campbellton Road
- Potential for community center and/or charter school
Residential and Commercial District
- Anchored by the former golf clubhouse and community center at the south end of property
- Residential development including townhomes and multi-family units
A variety of opportunities will be available for investors, developers and others interested in land and existing spaces on the former Fort McPherson. For more information please contact info@FortMacLRA.com or 404-477-6767.
For PDF maps, click here.